Sunday, January 4, 2015

Introduction. Let them play cops and robbers.

Those who knew me before I had a family expected me to raise toddler ninjas when I became a parent. While I certainly would enjoy that I must say that being a parent has changed my prospective on the warrior lifestyle.

For one, it has diminished the time I have to train. Does that mean I have gotten out of shape? No. It does mean that I have had only a few hours a week that cannot be planned or scheduled. This has caused me to consolidate my training to the most important, simple, and effective training methods.




For two, I have witnessed how kids are easily influenced and it is important to guide them in a way that they still feel empowered. It's easy for kids to see dad hitting a punching bag and his training partner and think he can go hit other kids for fun.

There are many other aspects of being a warrior parent that will test you in ways you never knew possible. It will effect your views on what it means to live the warrior lifestyle, be a parent, and what path you are leading your kids down.


This blog will be my story and thoughts on training to protect yourself, family, friends, and those who need help in general, all the while being a dad at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment